Sunday, August 15, 2021

Book Malkajgiri TRS MLA’s men for land grab: NHRC to cops

Hyderabad : 15/08/2021

Book Malkajgiri TRS MLA’s men for land grab: NHRC to cops

Representative image

HYDERABAD: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has asked Telangana police to take action against two followers of Malkajgiri TRS MLA Mynampally Hanumantha Rao in a case of 

land grabbing

 and encroachment.

DNA expert and civic activist GV Rao had filed a criminal case last year. When there was no action from police, he approached NHRC. The commission, in its directive to cops, said: “Police are directed to take action within eight weeks and inform the complainant of the action taken.”

Rao had filed a complaint with 
Alwal

 police on July 23, 2019, against two TRS activists — Kondal Reddy and Uday Kiran Goud. “The duo were posting abusive and intimidating messages on local WhatsApp groups. They even threatened to see my end. After much persuasion, police registered an FIR. However, no action was taken against the duo. Police are saying that the accused are not available, whereas they are roaming freely in Alwal,” Rao said.

Efforts by TOI to reach the MLA or his followers for their comment proved futile.

Rao further said: “The accused approached me and asked me to withdraw my complaint. They also asked me to withdraw the case of land grabbing I had filed in the civil court of Malkajgiri against Hanumantha Rao. When I refused to withdraw, they started threatening me and intimidating me. I tweeted about the threats to the commissioner of police. Police later approached me.”

Rao said he had filed the petition in the court only to protect the local lake and government land from being encroached.

Rao said he had filed the plea only to protect the local lake and govt land from being encroached. He is involved with the Greater Alwal residential welfare association.

No comments:

Post a Comment